Saturday 17 July 2021 7.30pm
Alexandra Palace Theatre, Alexandra Palace Way, London N22 7AY
Ellington Sacred Concert
Philip Glass Three Songs
Eric Whitacre i thank You God for most this amazing day
Morten Lauridsen O Magnum Mysterium
Lillie Harris Margaret
Crouch End Festival Chorus
Roland Perrin & The Blue Planet Orchestra
David Temple conductor
Zoë Brookshaw soprano
Crouch End Festival Chorus marks its return to the live concert hall with a thrilling mixture of big band jazz and music for unaccompanied choir. The main work is the Sacred Concert by legendary jazz composer and band leader Duke Ellington. Ellington’s first Sacred Concert was written for performance in the new Grace Cathedral in Washington, D.C. in 1965. CEFC’s performance tonight draws on the series of concerts he went on to create, in an arrangement by John Høybye and Peder Pedersen, scored for soprano solo, choir and big band.
Preceding this is a collection of stunning a cappella works by Eric Whitacre, Philip Glass, Morten Lauridsen and young London-based composer Lillie Harris.
Alexandra Palace is operating in-line with Government Guidance for Performing Arts to ensure that the Palace is safe for everyone who attends, as well as for our staff. Measures in place and things you should be aware of:
- The event will be operating in line with NHS Track & Trace requirements – please scan the QR code we provide upon entry to the venue and if requested please be prepared to show a member of staff that you’ve “checked in” to Alexandra Place.
- Our team will direct you to your seats via socially distanced queues. Thanks in advance for your help us enabling us to do this.
- Seats in the theatre are spaced so that all people will be appropriately separated to meet Covid-19 secure requirements. Please do not move any seats during your visit. Some seats and aisles will be closed, please do not use these in any way during the performance. Should you need to pass anyone seated we recommend both parties should stand and turn away from each other and so that the pass can be made back to back.
- When the show ends, please remain in your seats until asked to leave the venue by one of the theatre team.
- All toilets, banisters, door handles and other similar touch points at the venue are subject to an enhanced cleaning regime.
- Hand sanitiser units will be available across the site and we ask that you use these throughout your visit.
- The ticket holder acknowledges the venue may have to impose additional measures and/or make changes to the schedule & entertainment provided at the time of your event
- Each ticket holder must take individual responsibility for attending the event. Please consider others before and during your visit.
- We need your support to give all customers, performers and staff a safe environment. If you don’t feel that you can contribute to this, please consider whether you should purchase a ticket as those unable to conform may be asked to leave the venue.